Disappointed that Samsung discontinued the MHL cable and want to mirror your phone to an HDTV? You are in luck; you can wirelessly display content from your Samsung phone to your HDTV by using a product called “ScreenBeam Mini2”.
Why Use ScreenBeam Mini2
With ScreenBeam Mini2 you can stream videos, photos, and music etc. wirelessly from your Samsung phone to your big screen TV. Or just use the Miracast feature to extend your screen directly to your HDTV. This dedicated wireless connection prevents crashes, lag time and freezing video, and you won’t need to run any cables or wires for installation.
How to Set it Up
Setup of ScreenBeam Mini2 is quick and easy. Follow the steps below:
- First, plug the USB cable (small male end) into the ScreenBeam Mini2 adapter.
- Then plug the adapter directly into an HDMI port on your TV.
- Next, connect the large end of the USB cable to the power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
- Turn on the TV and select the input source until you see “Ready to Connect.”
- Now on a Miracast-enabled device open the Wireless Display Application. The name of this app may be different depending on which device you are using.
- Select ScreenBeam from the list of available receivers.
- If prompted for a pin, enter the pin code from the TV.
That’s it; you are connected and ready to start streaming from your Samsung phone to your HDTV.